Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fireshot91

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 31, 2008
Northern VA
Hi yall. I had a laptop with all of my songs in iTunes. right now I got a new computer(you could say that). How do I transfer all the songs from iTunes on the laptop, to my (new) desktop?

no, none of them are macs..:mad:

fireshot91

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 31, 2008
Northern VA
Sorry about that, I forgot to mention. I got a iPod Nano 4GB and an iPhone 16GB. but those won't hold all of my music.I mean, I have an external Hard drive that if I can find the root of iTunes, I can copy/paste that root to the external, then paste it into the new computer? and then import to iTunes? but I want to just like Import that music that I have in the iTunes folder in My Documents...that Has all of my music I'm guessing right?

Cinematographer

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2005
far away
I have an external Hard drive that if I can find the root of iTunes, I can copy/paste that root to the external, then paste it into the new computer?

Yes, just copy the whole iTunes folder to the new place. I guess this works for windows as well.

and then import to iTunes?

Just start iTunes an it should find the music by itself, including playlist and playcount information.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.