Transfer Macheist apps to new mac?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by firstapple, Apr 5, 2008.

1. firstapple macrumors 6502a

firstapple

Ok all,

I am looking to purchase a MacBook pro, and sell my MacBook. However, I purchased the MacHeist bundle a few months back. Is there a way to transfer the apps onto my next mac, or am I better off selling the macbook with the apps?

2. kfordham281 macrumors 6502

Just re-download the apps again and install them on the new Mac. Don't forget to delete the apps from your old Mac before selling it.

3. vniow macrumors G4

I've found the Migration Assistant does a pretty good job transferring user data from one to another. May want to give that a shot.

4. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

i wnated to do this on my own mac, i wanted to do a clean install, but if i were to do this am i legally allowed to reuse the licenses they gave me?

5. jackc macrumors 65816

jackc

Just keep the serial numbers and you can reinstall them wherever you want.

6. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Personally, I would download all the apps now and store them offline (like on a DVD). The problem with some of the apps is that the license is only for special versions or are not transferable to upgraded versions and these may disappear from the download sites eventually. Also keep a copy of all your serials as well.

7. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

8. firstapple thread starter macrumors 6502a

firstapple

So if I uninstall the MacHeist applications off my current macbook, I can just reinstall them on a macbook pro and use the same registration/license codes?

9. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

yes, if you use teh same licxense and use teh same version you have a license for

10. lovemac125 macrumors newbie

We re-image macs every summer at the high school where I work. We use Migration Assistant or Carbon Copy Cloner depending on the user and have never lost any data.