Transfer MobileMe Email from Individual to Family??

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by davidg4781, Sep 16, 2008.

1. davidg4781 macrumors 68000

Ok, I think I can do this now, but, just to make sure. I should be able to take my email address from a Family Pack to an Individual account. My question is, can I join a family? Let's say I get married, and my wife already has an email address. Can we both come together under a Family Pack, or could I join hers' if she has a Family Pack already?

2. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

Yes.

3. davidg4781 thread starter macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8330/4.3.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

Is there something in the settings to do this or would I need to call apple to help? I haven't purchased MobileMe yet, so I don't know what the choices are.

4. cyclingplatypus macrumors 6502a

cyclingplatypus

You can upgrade to a family account in the Account Options section, just click on Upgrade and it offers you the option to add more space or change it to a family account.

Attached Files:

5. davidg4781 thread starter macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8330/4.3.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

Ok, but can I transfer a current individual account to a current family accout, to save money within a new family?

6. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

Yes. I don't have the link handy but I have quoted Apple before on this forum. You may want to search Apple for the proceedure. But I believe it is in Account Options on MobileMe.

Have you checked the Account Options Section?

7. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

From MobileMe Help:

Converting someone’s account to a Family Member account

If you have a Family Pack account (or plan to purchase one), you can convert someone’s individual, email-only, or even an expired account to be one of your Family Member accounts. After the account is converted, all files (including email) associated with the original account are accessible from the new sub-account.

To convert an account, you need the MobileMe member name and password for the account.

NOTICE: MobileMe no longer offers email-only accounts. However, account holders who have email-only accounts can continue to use, renew, or convert them to Family Member accounts using the instructions below.

To convert someone’s account to a Family Member account:
    If you’re not already logged in to MobileMe Account, go to www.me.com, log in, and click the Account button in the toolbar at the top of the window.

Click Account Options in the sidebar (on the left).

Do one of the following:

If you already have a Family Pack account and have at least one Family Member account available (that is, not already assigned to someone else), go to step 4.

If you already have a Family Pack account but all four of your Family Member accounts are assigned, you need to remove an existing account before you can convert someone’s account to one of your Family Member accounts. Click Remove next to the account you want to replace.

If you don’t yet have a Family Pack account, click the Upgrade button (if you have no upgrades yet) or the Add More Upgrades (if you have other upgrades). Then follow the onscreen instructions to upgrade your account to a Family Pack account. For more help, click the link below.

Upgrading to a Family Pack account
    Click the Set Up Account link to the right of an unassigned Family Member account.

On the Set Up Subaccount page, click the “Convert an existing account” button.

Enter the member name and password for the MobileMe account that you want to convert, and then click Continue.

If the account information you enter is for a subscription that is still within the free 60-day trial period, the trial period ends as soon as the account is converted to a Family Member account.

On the Account Converted page, click the Print button to print the account information for your records. When finished, click Done.