Transfer movies/apps etc from iphone to Mac?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shakin2012, Jan 9, 2011.

1. shakin2012 macrumors newbie

I downloaded movies and apps on my iphone, how do i go about getting them on my Mac without downloading them again via macbook itunes? this seems like the easy way to do it, but i'm a bit apprehensive off pressing the the "buy" button on itunes incase i get charged twice.

Is there anyway to sync?

P.S im aware off the new Mac app store. And i realise this probably has been asked many time before.

So thx in advance.

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

It sounds like you are expecting apps bought on your iPhone to automatically mean you get the same app from the Mac App Store? This is not how it works. They are different apps.

3. LapsangSouchong macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

What exactly are you trying to do?

4. supermac96 macrumors 6502a

supermac96

if your trying to get iphone apps you downloaded on your iphone to your mac than you can just redownload the app in the iphone app store and you can redownload it for free. not sure about movies but try clicking check for available downloads in the store option in the upper bar in itunes.

5. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

I think we're over analyzing this. Just by reading his title and the first sentence, it seems all he needs is to sync to his computer with the included USB cable. Once you plug it in it will automatically back up every thing on your iPhone including purchased content.

I may be wrong, but this sounds like what he was asking. I don't think he wanted to get the same apps on his iPhone transfer to purchases in the mac app store. I think he just wanted to make sure the purchases he made on his iphone would be backed up on his computer and how to go about doing it.

6. iPhysicist macrumors 6502a

iPhysicist

When ever you sync with your iMac your phone will send any purchased apps and movies music etc to your iMac. You do not have to pay twice.

7. Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

On a Mac at least, there is a command in iTunes under FILE -"Transfer Purchases From...". That will send your Movies and Music purchased on the iPhone to your computer.

8. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Others have said it, but I like graphics so...here you go!

[​IMG]

9. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

Ah, is this for movies? It has always automatically transferred music I've purchased to my mac. I don't think I've ever purchased a movie or TV show on my iPhone or iPad.

10. Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

It can be for movies OR music. Not everyone has their iPhone set to automatically sync all music and movies. Some of us manage the music and movies manually. This allows you to purchase something on the iPhone and then transfer it to your computer.

11. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

Thanks! I guess I don't remember setting that option.