Transfer movies to iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by N4CQD, Sep 7, 2010.

1. N4CQD macrumors member

My wife bought me an inexpensive, but very nice compact camcorder:
    http://www.amazon.com/Flip-Ultra-Ca...4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1283906139&sr=1-4
    The Flip Ultra Camcorder is made to fit directly into the UBS port on a computer, to transfer movies. Is there any hardware available that would allow me to transfer my camcorder contents to the iPad, via the modified USB charging port on the iPad? Can the modified USB port on the iPad be used for this?

2. wackymacky macrumors 68000

wackymacky

From what I've read the Flip cameras attempt to draw power to charge when they are plugged in to a USB port and and it draws too much power to be supported directly by the camera connection kit. You might be able to use a powered hub, but if you're going to that fuss, it would be juse as easy to use a desktop.

3. azwheels macrumors newbie

azwheels

Go to the apple store and get the Camera kit. their is a USB connector for it.

4. wishddhp macrumors newbie

i think you're right as if go to app store...right chioce:p

5. kdesign7 macrumors 6502a

With some attachments into the SD card reader doggles, they draw too much power and you will then get a popup warning saying such. I've had it happen with a few external HD's, and some worked alrite. Also, I tried a handful of JumpDrive sticks, 99% of them work fine (with iFile) but I've had one that said the same thing, that it was drawing too much power and couldn't function on the iPad. :)

If you can, I would try and demo it first before buying :)

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.45486

Here is a USB and SD Card reader in one. I wish I had known about this before I bought the one from Apple. It's a lot easier to keep track of ONE doggle than TWO! And not at a bad price either. $26.80 USD

[​IMG]

6. BlackMax macrumors 6502a

BlackMax

A simpler way to go, especially if you don't want to purchase any additional equipment, is to place your movies in your local account movies folder on your Mac and they will be transferred over to your iPad next time you sync your iPad with your Mac. I've done this several times and it works fine. This assumes your movies are in a format the iPad can use.

7. azwheels macrumors newbie

azwheels

U buy it too with the apple store app. ;)