Transfer music from iPhone to new pc

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by note235, Dec 20, 2010.

1. note235 macrumors 6502a

I deleted reformattted my harddrive and did a brand new install of windows7 but I forgot to backup the itunes folder.
    All the music that I have is on my phone and it is jailbroken.
    I was wondering what software can transfer the music from my phone to my pc and the playlist?
    thanks.

2. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

I'd say that Google is your friend on this one. There are several utilities out there that will copy music off of an iPod or iPhone back to a computer, but I don't know which of those projects are actively being kept up, and which aren't. Additionally, it used to be pretty easy to find a freeware or fully functional shareware version of something like you're looking for, now all I'm seeing is very limited demos with a full version that'll cost you about $25 or so. Granted $25 is a small price to pay to get your entire music collection back. This is why I keep my collection on hard drives in 2 separate computers, as well as a backup, AND have my entire collection on an iPod Classic, that I could use one of these solutions for. Good luck.

3. tadad1 macrumors 6502a

tadad1

4. SL4VE macrumors 6502

5. Raj24v macrumors member

Could these recommended programs also copy music off of other iPhones (friends) and enable me to add them to my library?

6. Badfoot macrumors 6502

The site say's it's not compatible with iPhones.