Transfer music from iPhone to PC?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nope7308, May 6, 2013.

1. nope7308 macrumors 65816

nope7308

Is there a way to transfer the music library on my iPhone to iTunes 11 without installing additional third party software? I don't have administrator access to install programs on my work PC (hence the limitation).

Thanks!

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Unless you can somehow get into the "file system" of the phone, I don't think so. I know I could navigate to my folders within my old iPods on Windows, but I don't think it works that way with the iPhones.

3. Mrbobb, May 6, 2013
    Last edited: May 6, 2013

Mrbobb macrumors 601

Negative.

U can always put songs on a USB stick, assuming admin has not disabled that feature, and access them that way.

p.s. u know if you just wanna listen to ur songs on the PC's speakers, all u need is a cable, headphone jack to PC Line In, most desktops will have that.

4. nope7308 thread starter macrumors 65816

nope7308

This could work. How do I play music directly from the iPhone using the computer speakers? I already have it connected to the computer via the Apple cable thing.

5. Nabby macrumors regular

Why can't you take the cable running from the PC to the speakers, unplug it from the PC side and plug that into your headphone jack on the iPhone?

Nabby

6. Mrbobb, May 6, 2013
    Last edited: May 6, 2013

Mrbobb macrumors 601

It is very simple.

2nd pix is the Windows Mixer where u control how strong the sound comes in. LINE IN can be labelled too as AUX, AUDIO IN, or nothing at all depends on your PC, and it can be a single mini plug, as in iPhone's versus the shown stereo RCA jacks, u just have to get the correct cable that's all.

Currently the attached USB cable doesn't do anything but charge as it REQUIRES iTunes to let you go further.

Or as Nabby suggests would be another quick solution, assuming they are self-powered speakers.

Attached Files:

7. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

You have iTunes installed on the computer?

1. Plug your phone in using the lightning/dock cable
    2. Open iTunes(or it'll open automatically)
    3. Click on the "iPhone" button in the top right corner of your screen
    4. Select the "On this iPhone" tab, and double click a song to play it

I just tried it and it works fine.