Transfer music from iPhone to ..........

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by AztecKing, Oct 25, 2013.

1. AztecKing macrumors member

AztecKing

My daughter has some music on my iPhone and wants to see if I can transfer them to her Kindle Fire. Is there a way?

Jeff

2. Mrbobb macrumors 601

OK, you are banned, BANNED. :D

3. AztecKing thread starter macrumors member

AztecKing

Her two old year Kindle reader quit working and they made me a killer deal on a refurbished Fire HD 7" for $95 so I got her one. She's only 12 so I'm not ready to spend the money on an iPad yet and worry about her losing it. My wife has I mini and I have an iPad 2 so my wife didn't think we needed another in the house. The bad thing is we are an Apple house and now I have to figure out how to work this stupid Android system.

Jeff

4. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Once somebody asked whether iTunes can work with Android and I said affirmatively NO, NO WAY, Apple would never allow that. But someone replied saying the contrary and he sounded so sure of himself. I did not follow up on that thread.

Anywhoo, I assume music on the iPhone, are synched to the PC, there is an image of the iPhone's music on the PC HD somewhere, unencrypted I hope. If that's the case then all you have to do is to find where they are stored on the HD and ask your Android App to use them.

Yeah, once you are "locked in" to the Apple ecosystem, they do make it difficult for you to defect. :(

5. AztecKing thread starter macrumors member

AztecKing

Mrboobb,

I'll do more searching and see if there is a way around this but you're right about Apple being locked in. I guess I can't blame them.