Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BenSCR

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2014
This morning I had to reset my MacBook Pro to it's 'Factory Settings'. I wasn't able to use my backup 'Time Machine' drive as it's been corrupted. So I have lost all my non purchased iTunes music.

The lost music is still on my iPod, iPhone and iPad. Is it possible to transfer the music from my iPod to my desktop iTunes. I have tried techniques are found in Google, such as typing in code in 'Terminal', but when I open the iPad hard disc on my desktop, I still can't find the music folder and files.

BenSCR

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2014

Swissgenny

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2019
I am also not being able to transfer the music files. Is it due to iTunes Error 590624 that might occur and restrict from such actions?

BenSCR

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2014
You need to open the ‘Senuti’ app. Then select/highlight the songs you want, press ‘Transfer’ and make sure the songs download to the desktop of your computer, not directly in to ‘iTunes’.

After that, click the song/files on the your desktop, and they will automatically transfer and open in iTunes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.