Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

braddick

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
I have an old iPod with 300 songs on it I want on my iPhone. The deal is the music was transferred from an iTunes account I don't own nor have the password to.

Is there a method so as to transfer this music to my iTunes account? When the iPod is plugged into my account now it wants to erase it.

Once it is in my iTunes it should then load to my iPhone.
The music was purchased legit on the other iTunes account.
Thanks!

DeaconGraves

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2007
Dallas, TX
There is no way to transfer music from one account to another.

If we're talking DRM-free files, then it shouldn't be an issue, but if it's music that was bought from several years ago, you're SOL.

braddick

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
It was music purchased years ago on the older, now nonexistent iTunes account.

Just tough to believe there isn't some way!

saotomefirst

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2012
Rio de Janeiro
I had a similar problem when going from my ancient iPhone to my new one. I was recommended to use DeTune, but this is a Mac app. It works perfectly - though I had to rename every single one of my musics.

I don't know what to tell you if you want a Windows Solution though. Hope this helps :D

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
I had a similar problem when going from my ancient iPhone to my new one. I was recommended to use DeTune, but this is a Mac app. It works perfectly - though I had to rename every single one of my musics.

I don't know what to tell you if you want a Windows Solution though. Hope this helps :D

If his/her music was bought several years ago it is likely DRMed.

DeaconGraves

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2007
Dallas, TX
It was music purchased years ago on the older, now nonexistent iTunes account.

Just tough to believe there isn't some way!

There are ways to rip the DRM from the music, but I know nothing about those methods, other than the fact that you're likely going to have to transfer them to a computer at some point first.

So I won't say it's impossible, it's just not going to be simple.

Canubis

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2008
Vienna, Austria
First you need to get the music down from the iPhone to your Mac/PC again. Tools like SyncPod will help you with that purpose.

For removing the drm from the iTunes DRM'ed files, do a google search on a tool called "requiem itunes". Haven't used it for years literally, but worked back then. Hope it still does...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.