iPod touch Transfer music to 5th gen iPod

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by From A Buick 8, Feb 9, 2013.

1. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

Here is the situation, i need a way to transfer music from an PPC Mac to a new iPod. The new gen iPod is not recognized by iTunes on these older macs.

2. Cptnodegard macrumors 6502

You could try Bridge, which you'll find in the Cydia store

3. From A Buick 8 thread starter macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

Thanks for that, but i am not sure it does what i need. I want my son to rip his CD collection using the PPC Mac that he has. Then plug in his iPod and some how get his music on it.

4. Cptnodegard macrumors 6502

You could try Media Monkey or some other program that supports iDevice music transfer, but since you're in the jailbreak section of the forum, I assumed you were actually looking for a jailbreak option. With Bridge, you could transfer the music like any other file and then just import it using Bridge

5. From A Buick 8 thread starter macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

Looks like MM is for windows.

Might try to make bridge work, i guess he could email the music files to himself.

6. Cptnodegard macrumors 6502

Plenty of apps out there that lets you transfer files via WiFi. There are also file explorers that would allow you to transfer via USB. Heck, you might even be able to do that just by browsing the iPad's user accessible file system on a computer the normal way, and then find the files in iFile on the jailbroken iPod.

7. From A Buick 8 thread starter macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

So what are some of the apps that do it through WiFI, do you have any that you recommend. Needs to work on a PPC Mac

8. Cptnodegard macrumors 6502

Filer is one example

Stumbled across this that might work for you: http://www.pwntunes.net/