Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stark4

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 14, 2008
Florida
I just got a ipod classic and i want to know How can i transfer the music videos that are not from itunes store to my ipod classic?

Is there a website that i can learn more about this ipod classic tips and tricks? This is my very first ipod btw :D

Thanks

kaielement

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2010
Yes the Ipod Classic will play any video or movie it just needs to be in the right format. I think the Ipod will play only mpeg-4. Handbreak is good if you are on a Mac I am not really sure how the version on windows is. The last time I used it the release with the interface had just came out and a lot of the buttons were grayed out. But that was a while ago and I haven't used my computer running windows in ages because I use a mac. (I hate windows, or anyting microsoft for that matter). Anyway to load a video all you need to do is load it into itunes much like you would music. Then transferring it to the pod is pretty much like transfering music. If the ipod can't play it back it should give you an error saying that the ipod is not able to play back.

stark4

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 14, 2008
Florida
Thanks for the info... I installed handbreak on my Macbook pro and convert it and transfer it to my ipod classic but when i try to play it on ipod classic the video is bigger than the ipod classic screen.

BTW i used the preset that came with the handbreak software.

Can you guys please tell me what settings i should use for the ipod classic? do you know where i can download the preset for the ipod classic?

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.