Transfer music wirelessly using iTunes?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by chad.petree, Jan 5, 2015.

1. chad.petree macrumors 6502

chad.petree

Is it possible to transfer music to my iphone wirelessly using itunes? Airdrop won't let me transfer folders, it directs me to the app store and prompts me to download an app, I thought there weren't any file managers on IOS, I'm confused if I just try dropping mp3 files it works but itunes nor google music will find the files, ios just prompts me to open the file with whatsapp , dropbox , imovie, really apple ? :rolleyes:

I enjoy using google music just because I place my music in a folder and it uploads automatically , there's no way to do that with itunes? Maybe after they finish redesigning beats :(

2. illusionx macrumors 6502

It works with wifi sync in iTunes.
    If you are using Google music, why not just get the Google app and be done with it?

3. chad.petree thread starter macrumors 6502

chad.petree

Hey thanks! I'm such an idiot! Well but it's not that straight forward , you have to configure wifi sync while the phone is plugged in via usb :eek:, thanks again!

4. illusionx macrumors 6502

Yeah. It's the only way to tell iTunes your iOS device exists.

5. chad.petree thread starter macrumors 6502

chad.petree

Is it buggy for you too? A lot of times it just doesn't show up on itunes so I'm forced to plug the phone via usb cable :rolleyes:

6. illusionx macrumors 6502

It worked for the first couple times. I don't think it ever works for me anymore. :)