Transfer my iPhone Reserve

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Squid7085, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Squid7085 macrumors 6502a

Alright kids, so heres the deal, as we all know, Pre-Order day was a complete cluster bomb. So, about half way through the day, I was worried I would not get a Pre-Order, there is an Apple store 2 hours away, so I figured, what they heck, I will just Reserve an iPhone just in case. I did something similar when I got my iPad, I reserved and planned to be at the store, but plans changed and I just Pre-Orderd, and left the Reserve. So anyways, I ended up with a Pre-Order for launch day, an hour before they moved the sdate to July 4th no less too. Needles to say, I have friends that weren't so lucky. I have one that REALLY wants the phone on the 24th, and I was wondering, what does Apple check for the Reserves? Is it possible for me to let him have my reserved iPhone? If not, its no big, but I thought I would ask. :D

2. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

I asked the same question in another thread, though from a different perspective. I was wondering if anyone was going to sell theirs to someone waiting on line.

Or, perhaps you can make a cute girl at the back of the line really happy.

3. csunflip macrumors regular

i was wondering the same thing....

If possible....we can eBay it! I know some craze fan will want to get there hands on the phone the 24th =)

4. csunflip macrumors regular

yes...cute girls will always win a place in line!!!

5. coelacanth macrumors 6502

If it's the same as iPad Wifi launch, they'll check your name when you line up. This time it will be more strict because there is a phone activation/ATT contract involved. So no, I don't think you can give your reservation to your friend.

6. coelacanth macrumors 6502

Unless the staff checking the RSVP is another girl. :D

7. csunflip macrumors regular

What if she bats on both sides? Take that to the bank!

8. coelacanth macrumors 6502

Ohhh, right. I forgot about it even though I'm from SF. :p So that means boys have good chances too, especially at SF flagship store. ;)

9. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

Well, you'll obviously have to walk in with that person, so you could always say, "I reserved it for him/her."

10. Squid7085 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hah, I never thought of that, I think that might be more worthwhile than giving it to my friend. Plus, I could "Facetime" with her...

Okay, Anyways.

I thought about going up there and just picking up the phone on my line, and then I realized the Pre-Order was already on my line. Well shoot, its under my Apple ID, I wonder if I could change the name. I might actually just call Apple and ask them, I mean, its a sale, is it not? Not like they wouldn't have sold it otherwise. Lol