Transfer Notes from 4S to iPhone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by vjaaan, Nov 18, 2014.

1. vjaaan macrumors 6502

The Notes I have written on my iPhone 4S have never transferred to my MacBook Pro or my iPad Air. I now have an iPhone 6 and want all those Notes there. They don't seem to be going through the iCloud.

Any way to do this?

Thanks.

2. deeddawg macrumors 604

Simplest is to Sync via iCloud.

Settings app, select iCloud and ensure "Notes" sync is switch on (green).

Do the same on the other devices, including the MacBook Pro.

You could sync via iTunes sync but that's a process where it's easy to end up with out of date info.

3. vjaaan, Nov 18, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2014

vjaaan thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm trying to transfer from old iPhone to new. New phone has the new cellular service, old phone is only on wifi at the moment (before I erase everything). I have both phones' Settings with iCloud turned on for Notes. Nothing is transferring automatically.

Back when I wrote those notes, iCloud was not on. But I would think it would transfer now. I do not have my computer set to receive the notes through iCloud, since I don't want them there.

At the moment, all I can do is copy a single note from old phone and text it to myself, receive it on new phone and paste it into the Notes app there.

Update: I just finished copying them one by one. So I won't need this question answered anymore. Thanks.

4. cuongnq macrumors member

Active "Hand Off" option in General Setting, then all note will be synced.
    BTW why don't use alternative note, like evernote, Apple Note doesn't security anything.