Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

onyx.support

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 24, 2008
I hope someone can help. I just got a man and would like to transfer my Ipod library to it. Unfortunaly the Ipod was formated on a win XP PC. Can someone provide me with the steps on how to do this. Thanks in advance.:)

d_and_n5000

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2005
I hope someone can help. I just got a man and would like to transfer my Ipod library to it. Unfortunaly the Ipod was formated on a win XP PC. Can someone provide me with the steps on how to do this. Thanks in advance.:)

A Windows-formatted iPod will work perfectly fine with a Mac. You can download Senuti or similar to transfer the library from iPod to Mac, or you can whip out an Ethernet cable and connect the PC and Mac and transfer it that way.

Once you have all of it transferred, though, you might want to restore your iPod for the Mac. AFAIK it doesn't really matter, but it may make something work better/give you karma points. ;)

forafireescape

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2008
NJ

Haha...Freudian slip?

But yeah, as soon as you connect it, it'll reformat. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.