Transfer of Whatsapp data from iPhone to Android

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by UKapple, May 19, 2014.

1. UKapple macrumors regular

I am thinking of making the leap from my iphone 5 to the S5 and one of the things that is slightly holding me back is losing all of my old chat history on my Whatsapp. Some of the stuff I have in there i would like to keep for sentimental reasons etc and I would like to know if there is a easy way of transferring all that data plus some group chats that I am in over to the S5?

I know there is a Whatsapp migrator website but there are comments from users stating they have had problems when carrying out the process with error codes etc. Does anyone have any experiences/advice they could share?

Thanks

2. Switchback666 macrumors 68000

Switchback666

Don't know if you can transfer the actual charts from ios app to Android but you do have the option to email the chat history.

3. chagla macrumors 6502a

chagla

once you switch to android, you can configure whatsapp so that it will automatically save your chat history. you can restore them in a minute even when you switch from one android device to another.

i think the easiest solution for you would be emailing the history and retain it there. ios isn't like you can just find the backup chat file and restore it on android.

http://www.whatsapp.com/faq/android/20887921

4. UKapple thread starter macrumors regular

5. ross1999 macrumors newbie

ross1999