Transfer outlook contacts to Mac address book

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Clappysheep, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Clappysheep macrumors newbie

Hi, if you have done this before, can you advise what's the best way to export microsoft outlook contacts to mac please?

I tried to export the contacts in CSV format but when I imported the file into Mac address book, many fields are missing. :(

Someone suggests to email contacts out as vCards to myself and open the email from Mac and drag the contacts to the address book. I haven't tried yet but just wonder what's the best way??

Many thanks.

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

I used the 90 day trial period of mobile me. Unfortunatly I fell in love with the cloud and kept it.

3. mittelhauser macrumors newbie

I, too, am having the same problem. I search for "how to" advice and find numerous websites which tell me how simple it is to transfer email addresses from a PC to a Mac. Then, it sets out the 12 to 15 steps which begin with something such as "First, set up your old PC as a server, and . . . " and that's when I get lost.

4. wizbang68 macrumors newbie

Pretty much attaching V Cards maps the fields properly to OSX. IF you export as CSV you need to also export from osx as csv and then match up the columns (by adding, removing, or moving columns from your csv file you want to import to OSX) By default CSV file formats are not automatically compatible, manual manipulation of the data is required to ensure the right data is in the columns OSX expect it to be in. If you have a few hundred this manipulation is probably worth it, for less than a hundred bite the bullet and email the vcards. (you can always create a quick n easy automator to import them to address book once you get the emails sent.

5. campyguy macrumors 68030

You should know that both workflows and formats have changed a bit in the 5-odd years that have elapsed since the posts you're replying to. FYI.