Transfer Outlook to Entourage? Anyone do this recently?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by soapage, May 9, 2010.

1. soapage macrumors member

I have been looking for a way to transfer outlook to entourage but all i get is some wierd method which is never really clear. I tried searching the mroogle forums but it was all a bit old. Any help welcome

2. CaptainJeff macrumors member

Install Thunderbird on the Windows system. Import your mail from Outlook. Install Thunderbird on the Mac system. Copy the contents of your Thunderbird profile from the Windows system to the Mac system. Export/save your mail stores out into a format (mbox perhaps?) that Entourage can read.

3. tigres macrumors 68040

tigres

Is your mail on exchange?

4. jlc1978 macrumors 68000

jlc1978

Give Entourage can't handle ,pst files, you need to export your mail unless you are on an exchange server. If you are on a server, simply set up an exchange account in outlook and it will synch just fine (except for locally stored mail).

There is a program that will export Outlook mail in a format that Entourage can handle - this url has some info:

http://www.entourage.mvps.org/cross_platform/win_mac.html

5. nadyne macrumors 6502a

Right now, there's not an easy way to do it. I wrote a blog post about various methods that are available to you: moving from Outlook to Entourage.

Outlook:Mac 2011, which comes out later this year, will support the import of PST files from Outlook for Windows. I know it doesn't help you now, but you will be able to get everything directly soon.

Regards,
    Nadyne.