Transfer Pages, Keynote documents onto College's Mac

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Sparced, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Sparced macrumors regular

Sparced

My college doesn't allow students on to their wi-fi with your own device. What would be the simplist way to move a pages or keynote document on to on of their Macs?

2. stevep, Oct 31, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2011

stevep macrumors 6502a

stevep

From my copy of Numbers on the iPad, the options available are email, copy to iWork.com or copy to iDisk. (I signed up to iWork about six months ago and it still seems to be working ok, but I never see it mentioned here). Any of these wouuld work assuming you have access from your colleges network machines to your email account or to iWork/iDisk.
    I suppose you could also mess about with iTunes and a usb stick but that's a bit of a long way round.

3. Sparced thread starter macrumors regular

Sparced

Yeah it's the long way around which I'm looking for. I don't have a 3G model so email is not an option.

When Ive finished working on a document on one of the college's machines I can email that to myself or Dropbox it so it's on my iPad for when I get home.

Getting it on to the their computers is the problem. Bluetooth? Some Keynote files are 25mb+ so that's not practacle.

If I have to buy a lead or adapter I'll do it. There's times when I wish I could be working on something when travelling or sitting in the cafeteria but I'm stuck with the files till I return home.

4. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

I don't suppose you're jailbroken, are you? If you are, this is pretty easy with iFile and a camera connection kit.