Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sat165

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 22, 2010
I'm in your cupboard
I'm going into the store to replace my new iphone today because of the piss poor battery life problems its having....but was worried i was going to lose my paid apps? they are all on my itunes account so is it as simple as plugging the new iphone in and syncing it to the library of apps?

i thought it wouldnt be because surely apple have some security in place to prevent one person buying the apps and syncing it to put the apps on more than one phone ?

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
Write down the names of the apps. Download them again in iTunes. This time they will be free. :)

mlts22

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2008
You can do two things:

1: If you have synced apps to a computer, you will be golden -- new iPhone will grab those.

2: Otherwise, just make a list of the apps on your phone, then once you get your new device, re-download them. You can redownload apps for free, unlike music.

sat165

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 22, 2010
I'm in your cupboard
cheers! im returning (iphone 4) because im AT LEAST charging once a night with only moderate usage and it isnt jailbroken, compared to other guys usage stats this seems terrible !

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.