Transfer Photo Library etc. from iPhone 4 to Mac

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LouisTregidga, Jul 6, 2011.

1. LouisTregidga macrumors newbie

Hi all, I'm new here so bear with me...

A while ago my MacBook Pro got attacked by a magnet which wiped a large chunk of my hard drive including nearly all of my photos. Before anyone says anything, I'm aware I've lost the full sized images forever but the rest are trapped on my iPhone.

After fitting a new hard drive and wiping my Mac the laptop works again but obviously I can't sync my iPhone without losing EVERYTHING.

I need to try to get all the apps, contacts, calendar information, photo library (NOT camera roll) etc. etc. off the iPhone safely and preferably free - does anyone know how to do this because I've been trying for nearly 2 months and I'm getting bored now!!

Thanks,

Louis

P.S. I've used Xilisoft iPhone Transfer to get my Photo Library off the phone before but unfortunately although it worked, none of the pictures are grouped so I've been left with over 1000 pictures with random names in one massive file..

2. LouisTregidga thread starter macrumors newbie

Dropbox was the answer, this forum is useless.

3. nunes013 macrumors 65816

nunes013

or if you bought everything from itunes you could do file>transfer purchases.

contacts, calendar etc you could use a google account.

if you did not buy all your stuff senuti works well or iphone explorer.

you should really back up your new hard drive just in case something happens again.

4. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

I'm trying to picture a MacBook being attacked by a magnet.

5. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Yeah, I didn't think this could really happen any more without a serious magnet being applied directly to the drive.

6. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Yeah, they should add a little white box in the upper right hand corner. And I don't know, to call attention to it maybe an icon like a cute little magnifying glass. If they made that box do something they could put text in it so people would know, like "Search Forums...". It would be great if that box let you search keywords to see if anyone else had the same problem. But that would be a waste of time because nobody has ever had a hard drive fail or a computer stolen or a disaster of some sort on the computer they sync with. Oh, well... There's always Google.