transfer photos from iphone to pc

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by pthaker17745, Dec 16, 2010.

1. pthaker17745 macrumors newbie

how transfer original size photos from iphone 3g to pc. as itunes compresses the photos, so when transfering back to pc it reduces the size and quality of photo.
    help..............

2. ipodlove1985 macrumors newbie

i just know how to convert music^
    convert is a boring thing:mad:

3. AuGlove5 macrumors newbie

I'm having the same problem. It use to be that when I connected my phone a standard window would pop-up and I could drag and drop photos... Now the only way I can get them off my phone is to upload them to Flickr. What gives?

4. kchamussy macrumors member

Hello,

I'm the developer of an app called 'Photo Transfer App' which lets you transfer photos from iPhone to Computer over wifi. The photos are transferred exactly as they are on your iPhone (full quality) to your computer (Mac or Windows) using any web browser on your computer.

You can visit our website and watch some videos that show how the app works:

http://www.phototransferapp.com/

I hope the app will be useful to you. Let us know if you have any questions: info [at] phototransferapp [dot] com

Cheers!

5. pthaker17745 thread starter macrumors newbie

do i need wifi to transfer photos? and will my photoes be of same quality when i transfered them to iphone from pc. as u know while transfering thru itunes it compresses the photos. so again transfering from iphone to pc will it give same qyality as stored in pc?

6. meatballs macrumors 6502

7. kchamussy macrumors member

Yes, you would need wifi to transfer the photos using 'Photo Transfer App'. The quality of the photos would be the maximum quality the iPhone stores the photos. As you mentioned iTunes does reduce the size of the photos when you synch so the max. resolution you will get is the resolution that is stored on the iPhone.

8. pthaker17745 thread starter macrumors newbie

that means there is noway that i can get back my original photos. if thats true then its a **** phone.....

9. wacky4alanis macrumors 6502

Most people have 10's of gigabytes of photos on their computer, so it wouldn't really make sense to store all of them on your iPhone in full-res. If you really want to, there are ways to do it. But the default (which makes sense to me) is to make them smaller when being transferred to the iPhone. The screen is so small anyways, there's generally no need to keep the full resolution. OTOH, it should be made very clear to the user that it is happening so that they:

1. don't get the false sense of having a backup of their photos on their phone
    2. can find a full-res solution if they need it

10. pthaker17745 thread starter macrumors newbie

now i know it but what which is already done.. i used it as a storage as i didnt had anyother device and didnt know about stupid phones great feature that it can not give back what we transfer to iphone.
    NOW is there any solution to it????????

11. pthaker17745 thread starter macrumors newbie

isnt there any way out that i can get back my photos in original size.? its captured in 10 megapixel camera.

12. ccollins macrumors newbie

I just found out how to do this. With your iphone connected to your computer just go to My Computer and find your iphone. Right click on your iphone and it will give you an option to get pictures. When I clicked on this a scanner and camera wizard came up and guided me through the process. Just select the pics you want and the folder where you want them to go to on your pc. All of the pics that I transferred appear to be in the resolution that they were on the phone without being compressed or reduced. Hope that helps.

13. pthaker17745 thread starter macrumors newbie

dear it only imports photos of camara. i have saved photos thru itunes.

14. pthaker17745 thread starter macrumors newbie

i have tried almost everything including transfering thru some softwares, emailing photos etc... but nothing is working. if u r a developer plz try to develop somthing which can be helpful to me. thanx

15. pthaker17745 thread starter macrumors newbie

any geneous has solution for this? now iphone 4g gives this facility but what about iphone 3g apple??????/