Transfer photos/videos to iPhone from computer

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mz100, Dec 25, 2010.

1. mz100 macrumors regular

I searched and couldn't find an answer.
    As far as I know it says that i can't be done.

But I am Jailbroken ad have photoAlbums+ installed.
    Is their anyway using an app on cydia that allows me to put photos/videos to my camera roll.
    OR IS THERE an app that lets you copy something to your hard drive on the iPhone and then an app on cydia, (like a file explorer) that lets you move it to camera role?

For the first time I am pissed that the iPhone cannot do such a basic feature. I have used an iPhone for 4 months and have absolutely loved the OS.

But the fact that its restricts basic features this much pisses me off.
    With music I don't mind, because iTunes isn't that bad when it comes to transferring songs.

But with Photos its a pain the ass.

Any help is sppreciated, thanks.

2. Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

I must be missing something... I have my computer set to sync photos from a particular folder on my Mac directly to my iPhone and it works flawlessly... Perhaps a more robust description of the issue will help us help you.

3. mz100 thread starter macrumors regular

Your right. I worded that pretty bad. What you said works, but is there any way to move photos from the assigned "photo library" folder. I can't even delete photos

4. Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

Try this...
    Delete them on your phone by throwing them in the trash.
    You can sync them using iPhoto and then delete them from the phone. Thereafter, they will live on your Mac.

What you can't do is move them DIRECTLY from the Photo Library to the Camera Roll OR from the Camera Roll directly to the Photo Library. You can print them, copy and paste them, etc, but not either of the above.

5. Infraggable Kru macrumors regular

You are Jailbroken and using a third party program what do you expect ?

Apple does need better Photo album controls, but what you are complaining about is completely different, and Apple has no reason to support JB apps.

6. Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

And for the Mac, there is always PhoneVIew
    http://www.ecamm.com/mac/phoneview/

Sheesh, I've recommended this program so much I feel like I should get a commission!
    NOT involved in ANY way with this company, but I find the product works great!

7. mz100 thread starter macrumors regular

Photoalbums+ only allows users to add alba and move albums.

I am referring to the photos app. When you sync your phone with iTunes to add photos it does not allow you to delete the photos from the phone that is ridiculous!!
    Unless I am missing something??? When I slide the album to the right or left (like you would to an email to delete it) and it gives the option to delete but when I push delete it doesn't do anything

8. Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

I'm REALLY confused here...
    There are two default Photo locations on a non-jailbroken iPhone. One is called "Camera Roll" and it is the photos you actually take with your phone. Those photos can be deleted by clicking on the photo and sending it to the trash.
    The other is called "Photo Library". The photos that get loaded into this place are the photos you select from the folder on your computer that you designate to sync with your iPhone.
    Now if what it is that you are saying is that you can't delete THESE photos directly from your phone, you are correct. The only way to delete them is to move them from the folder you sync with your phone and then sync the phone again. Then they will be removed from your phone.
    My guess is that Apple wanted to be sure that those photos could only be deleted at the source- namely, the computer based folder from which the photos themselves were synced. I agree that sometimes, that is a pain in the butt... but at least I understand why the chose to go that route.
    Those are your options without adding other photo storage apps or jailbreaking.

9. mz100 thread starter macrumors regular

I am jailbroken though.