Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Slav2009

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2009
Excuse my super noobism, but what is the best way to transfer photos taken with Camera or Snapture to XP with a jailbroken iPhone 3G?

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
Tap the picture, lower left, email photo, send it to your own email address. Then open up your inbox on the XP and save image as. You can also attach 5 photos in one email. Keep in mind that's for small amounts of pictures, probably the other JB users have more to say..

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
Tap the picture, lower left, email photo, send it to your own email address. Then open up your inbox on the XP and save image as. You can also attach 5 photos in one email. Keep in mind that's for small amounts of pictures, probably the other JB users have more to say..

Or copy/paste to email, where you can send as many as your email allows. Sharing (the 2nd part of what he told you about) reduces quality and loses original file names.

Slav2009

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2009
So by tapping to email the photo, does that email it thru my default mail program (Gmail in my case) or some built in stuff?

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
So by tapping to email the photo, does that email it thru my default mail program (Gmail in my case) or some built in stuff?

It will use your default email client (which is Gmail in your case) to send the attached photo in the email. Then you can just check your Gmail inbox on your XP to save a copy of the photo.

Slav2009

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2009
I just noticed when I email it it reduced the image from 1600x1200 to 800x600... so clearly the best way to do it is via USB.

Unless there's a way to allow it to send photos without altering them?

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
I just did that and the image is a larger size (700kb) when I copy & paste into email, and a smaller size (500kb) when I retrieve it using USB.

How's this working?

But the resolution stayed the same, correct?

As far as file size goes, is this the file size in email or after it gets dled to your computer?

Slav2009

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2009
When I emailed it, it was 700kb or so.. when I view it on the iPhone thru my computer, or copy it to my desktop, it's 500kb. Yes same resolution.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.