transfer problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by BillyT1957, Mar 12, 2010.

1. BillyT1957 macrumors newbie

Hello to all, newbie here

This has probably been discussed/solved many, many times but I cannot find the right solution.

My OH bought me a 32GB Touch for Christmas. Great piece of kit, and I have been happily watching movies and listening to my music since.

Tonight I tried to transfer some converted movies, same as I usually do but nothing seems to transfer. Same with music I want to add. Itunes shows 143 albums yet my Touch only shows 49.

Am I doing something wrong? I cannot see what as I am trying to do the transfers as I have since I got the Touch

Any help gratefully received

2. slomifier macrumors regular

I need a little more info, but generally:

If your trying to sync, I've had problems with that too, so I'd use a different method

If your using the drag method, does it show a "can't sign" (circle with cross through it)? If it does, could mean that your out of space. If your sure you have enough room, it means that the video is in the wrong format or corrupted. Try reconverting the video, and making sure the converter is set to the right gen of Touch.

The method I use to watch movies on my ipod is Air Sharing app. You put videos onto your ipod wirelessly. It works great, and even has a passcode lock :).

Hope that helped

3. metalhead777 macrumors regular

How much space do the videos take up? How many videos do you have? Do you have manually sync music and videos checked? If so, uncheck if you'd like everything synced to your iPod. Otherwise, make sure everything is checked. :) Thank you for reading this and I would like to see a response from you soon! :D :apple:

4. BillyT1957 thread starter macrumors newbie

Transfer problems

Well,

back again. Somehow I have managed to increase the albums and videos on my Touch. I went into info and ticked and unticked sync on music and videos. Then I sync'd the Touch. Didn't work the first couple of times.

Now have 500 albums and 9 videos. Have plenty of space

according to info I have 10Gb left so still some way to go

thanks for your help guys:)