transfer purchases from current apple id to a new one?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Darwichee, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Darwichee macrumors newbie

Hi,

I currently use my Gmail as Apple Id, but im planning to create a Icloud mail account, so i was thinking to move everything to the new account, is that possible at all, or is it only possible to "change apple id"?

thanks guys

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

It's a good idea to have a separate Apple store ID and a personal Apple ID.

3. Darwichee thread starter macrumors newbie

It may be so, but i´ve allreade spent alot of money buying apps for my macbook and iphone, so it´s basicly to late to think in that way.

More tips please, is it possible ?

4. ApfelKuchen macrumors 68020

It's not possible to transfer iTunes/App Store purchases to another Apple ID account. I think in part it has to do with the terms of the deals Apple has with the record labels and app developers. It's also likely a safeguard against the hijacking of the contents of an account.

I'm not sure what you think you'd gain, other than knowing all your Apple stuff is on an Apple email address, while all your Google stuff is on the Google address. Further, if you use iCloud and also want your iCloud stuff to be on the new Apple account, then you'll need to copy all your contacts, calendars, documents, photos, etc. to the new account... really doesn't seem worth the bother.

5. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Just use the account with your app purchases on it as your iTunes store account only. Your new iCloud account doesn't need to access the store, just as I said in my last post.

You can and should have:
    One iTunes store account shared among your personal Apple devices + find my Apple. This is the only account that should be able to purchase anything or have CC info, iTunes cards. If your Gmail was used for this then it's already set up.
    Your iCloud account is separate and is for email, iMessage, iCloud...

6. steve23094 macrumors 68000

steve23094

Last time I checked you can't actually use your iCloud email address as your Apple ID.