Transfer reservation

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Aquaduck04, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Aquaduck04 macrumors member

I got a reservation through the apple store app prior to securing an actual preorder to be delivered on the 24th through apple.com.

Can I give my reservation to whoever I want (girlfriend, dad)?

If so what are the requirements (do I need to be present or can I print out my reservation for them)?

btw I searched but came up with nothing discussing this topic.

2. ReflexReact macrumors 6502

No you cannot transfer / sell your reservation.

3. Paix247 macrumors 6502

Says who? Even for family? Even if they are in line with them?

4. Mademan12321 macrumors 6502

I would like to know as well. Honestly as long as your the account holder I don't see the problem with it would be. If all else fails just say that you entered the wrong number in online during the mad rush and you just need to correct to whom the phone goes too. ;)

5. LFSimon macrumors regular

LFSimon

If they allowed you to transfer it then people would sell them. If you could do that there would be a million people trying to get a reservation to sell on eBay. It is a reservation not a lottery ticket.

You might be able to transfer within a family contract but I would think there is likely a requirement that it be more or less activated on for the account of the reservation holder.

6. Mademan12321 macrumors 6502

No you can't sell your reservation but don't just say things you have no knowledge of. Just a troll who created an account a few days ago stirring up trouble. :mad:

I just off the phone with them. As long as your the account holder, is an eligible upgrade line, and it's under the same account then there is no problem. Just bring your ID, and know the last four of your social and DOB and all is well. :cool:

7. Aquaduck04 thread starter macrumors member

Thank you sir. It looks like I will be adding my girlfriend to my account that way we can facetime.

8. BConvery macrumors regular

You would if you were *any* of the people in line behind you...

So, lie then?