Transfer Reservation?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sp71Supra, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Sp71Supra macrumors regular

I was wondering... someone stopped by my shop today and we were talking, he said he got his iPhone 4 being shipped directly to his house. He also said that he has a reservation at the Apple store for a 32gig Black. He told me I could have his reservation. He emailed it to me. I was wondering if they would give me a hard time about this or should I call ahead? Could I say he was my step dad or something?

2. ASTMedic macrumors newbie

I'm on the other side of the situation. I have a iPhone being shipped and would like to transfer my reservation to my friend. Think I can do it? Is it linked to my iTunes account and only I an pick it up?

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

All they ask for is your name when you come in. Just give his name to the concierge and go to your reservation.

4. Dj BW macrumors regular

It clearly states on the reservation that id is required

5. edtorious macrumors 65816

edtorious

can someone call Apple store and verify if you can transfer your reservation? I'm at work and could not make the call.

6. Wegmans macrumors member

and SSN... I'd say that won't be an option..

7. mqguitar macrumors member

i called apple and asked about this and they said they will not be able to do it.
    Maybe if you try talking to a manager that day then maybe

8. Sp71Supra thread starter macrumors regular

Talked with my local Apple store, they said you need photo id, etc... so as far as me going there myself that won't work. They said if I bring him there with his id, etc... I can buy the phone and put it on my plan, but he has to be there to pick it up. Well this might be my only solid option to get one the 24th. This guy that's giving me his reservation also happens to be the sales rep for our new color LED sign that we are going to purchase in the next few days... so I think his $40,000 LED sign contract with my business is worth his time to come to the Apple store with me the morning of the 24th :)

9. mysticbluebmw macrumors regular

Lol, but you can sit at a computer and browse the internet participating in discussion forums? :)