Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pain

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
My uncle gave me his Blackberry and his new iPhone 3G. He wants me to transfer all the memory onto his iPhone, but I'm not sure how, considering I can't find a slot on the iPhone.

Help? :)

PredatoryWasp86

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2008
Kansas
what do you mean by memory?

on the iphone the sim card slot is on the top, insert a paper clip into the little hole and it will come out

you can't put memory/miniSD/microSD cards into an iphone

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
The SIM card slot is on the top, next to the earphone jack. Look in his iPhone box for the "SIM Eject tool," or just straighten out a small paper clip to eject the SIM tray.

I'm not sure about this, but you might need to "unbrick" the iPhone once you put that Blackberry SIM in there. That means hooking it up to iTunes, and probably changing the account over to an iPhone data plan. Is your Uncle switching over for good?

Once that's done, go to Settings, then to "Mail, Contacts, Calendars." Scroll down and you should see a button for "Import SIM contacts." That's what you need.

Pain

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Yeah, he's switching over for good.

Um, I got the iPhone SIM Card out, but I'm not sure how to take out the Blackberry one. Any tips?

mrtune

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2007
Yeah, he's switching over for good.

Um, I got the iPhone SIM Card out, but I'm not sure how to take out the Blackberry one. Any tips?

The blackberry has the sim card located behind the battery most likely.

philip2021

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2008
Any luck with this?

I'm buying an iphone tomorrow (9/23) and need to move my contacts from a Blackberry 8100 to the iphone. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks

mariokarter

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2007
Its really not that hard, i myself have transferred contacts from both my sony and nokia to my iphone. You have to go through a PC (the iphone does a ****** job of reading them directly from the sim card). Basically you just sync the contacts to "windows adres book" on your pc, then sync them with the iphone using itunes i believe if i remember correctly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.