Transfer SMS from Android to iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Travisimo, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Travisimo macrumors 6502a

I have VZW Galaxy S3 and a new iPhone 5. I have a ton of text messages on the GS3 that I'd like to transfer over to the iPhone. After searching, it appears there's a couple of programs that will (supposedly) do this, but I didn't know if they would work with the new iPhone. The two I found are moborobo and backuptrans but I couldn't confirm if they work well or if they support the iPhone 5.

So just looking for some advice or perhaps someone else who has successfully transferred SMS messages from Android to iPhone.

Thanks!

2. doug0365 macrumors member

Yea I'm looking for the same thing, I'm sure there is a way but like you said I would like to hear from anyone who has experience in doing this before making a purchase

3. beckyboo7777 macrumors newbie

On most phones can't you move messages to your sim card? Not very many, but you could do a few 'trips', so to speak.

4. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

the reverse is possible but not android to iPhone

5. Kiyomi1 macrumors newbie

Kiyomi1

I think the third-party tool is the best solution, if you don't want to use it, you can try to export your Android messages to computer first.

6. EmmaSebastian, Jul 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2015

EmmaSebastian macrumors newbie

EmmaSebastian

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

What does that have to do with transferring messages over?

8. Jimmyappleaddict macrumors newbie

Jimmyappleaddict

I think tim cook spoke yesterday about an app that helps people change their stuff from android to ios . U can download it from google play . I dont remember its name am sorry but u can find it in so many articles . Good luck , change to ios fast . Iphones are super cool .