Transfer SMS from SE K750I to Iphone 3GS

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by freebird2003, Jul 14, 2009.

1. freebird2003 macrumors member

hello,

i have a old phone SE K750I phone. i would like to transfer all the messages both sms/and sent sms to my iphone 3gs. (with all the date,time sender still intact)

all the sms have sentimental values.

it is possible?

Thanks alot.

2. AiralynRose macrumors 6502a

No you can't import text messages.

I would suggest forwarding them to yourself. You should be able to send texts to your email address. They'll be better saved in your email anyways.

MAYBE if you jailbreak (I have no idea if you could or not, but maybe).

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

It isn't possible to put them on the SIM card, is it? Does the iPhone see SMS saved on the SIM?

4. chandsa Guest

If you have iTunes 8.2 and do a backup of your iPhone, it should save all your data that's residing on the hard disk I'd imagine. That way you could get to save the SMS messages. Perhaps I'm dreaming?? Would like to see what the experts might have to say about this...;)

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

It's a great idea, except that (unless I completely misunderstand the OP) the SMS's are not on an iPhone right now. ;)

6. chandsa Guest

Duh!!! Call me blind, lol...thanks for pointing that out!

Maybe the OP can talk to his/her service provider and see if they will back up/transfer the data from an old phone to the iPhone. I had all my contacts, downloads etc. transferred from a Samsung SCH-u740 to my iPhone when I bought one. AT&T was more than happy to do that transfer for free. So that way I didn't lose anything, however, I'd check with the service provider (AT&T) to see if they will help out. Worth a try FWIW.

7. AiralynRose macrumors 6502a

I don't think it is. There is an option to "import contacts from sim" but thats the only sim-related option i see. If he can get them on the sim from the old phone then it MIGHT read them, but i doubt it.

8. HowEver macrumors 6502a

HowEver

Step 1: Get her to fall in love with you again.

Step 2: Ask her to resend the texts to you.

(Apologies in advance if this is about someone has died.*

*If you are in some way responsible, I formally rescind that apology.)

9. gr8whtd0pe macrumors 6502a

gr8whtd0pe

:cool: nice.

Wonder if you could just have some texts sent to you, backup the iphone and edit the texts that are in the backup to look like the ones that you want to save? Time stamps and all. I had to do something similar when going from one forum software to another on my php server, but I know thats not quite the same.

10. freebird2003 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks alot for your replies.

i could forward all the sms my self but the originality of the sender its no longer there anymore. i have already jailbreak my iphone 3gs.

i am not sure but is there a way i could transfer my sms from my sim in iphone? i can't seem to find it. or is there app (even a cydia app?) could do it ?

she will not send me those texts again. i guess. haha :(

its kinda disappointing in iphone (advance/smartphone) where a basic feature (maybe not so basic feature) "import from sms from sim" function is available in other non-advance/smart phone.

i did came across this software. but i do not know will it be useful in my case.

http://www.micromat.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=190

i really hope there is a solution.

11. zoran macrumors 68030

I have exactly the same issue, is there a solution found to this? :confused:

12. zoran macrumors 68030

There was a solution using a windows application (MyPhoneExplorer) but i cant find a similar one for the Mac!