Transfer some apps only

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hexiii, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Hexiii macrumors 65816

Hexiii

Is there a way, instead of full backup restore, to transfer only some apps with data to a new device? I came across some 3rd party software which will let you select messages, email, calendar, photos, etc., but not individual apps.

There is also software called 'Decipher phone refresh' which seems is able to do this, but for $30, are there any free alternatives?

Thanks.

2. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

If you backup your device using iTunes, then there might be a way to modify backup to restore only some apps data.
    I previously used iExplorer (paid) to fix iTunes library issue on iOS device but never tried to modify backup. iBackupBot (free) might work but I am not sure.

3. Hexiii thread starter macrumors 65816

Hexiii

Yes, I tried several apps to modify backup data, but as I said, those seem to only work for messages, contacts, etc. Not apps though.

4. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

Is it possible to edit backup right in Finder window? But I doubt those folder names are virtually meaningless for human.

5. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

iMazing will let you restore individual app data. Do you still have the device on hand? It has its own system to do the backup and restore. I forgot if it can do that with the actual backup though.

6. Hexiii thread starter macrumors 65816

Hexiii

Thanks for the replies, I went ahead and just copied everything and deleted what I didn't want.