Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kauaiboy75

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 12, 2008
is there any way to transfer all my songs (2000+ songs) on my first gen. ipod touch to my macbook?
i read a lot of posts saying to get SENUTI, but that doesnt work cuz u need to put ur ipod in disk mode and the ipod touch wont go into disk mode.
also i read about TOUCHCOPY, but that only allows u to do 40 songs before u need to purchase the program.
im looking for an alternative way thats free and will get all my songs on my ipod touch onto my macbook.
HELP PLEASE!

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
You could try diskaid. http://www.digidna.net/diskaid/

It would let you copy your music files off your ipod -- look in "Media Folder" for iTunesControl, then copy the folder named Music. But the filenames would be all weird codes like "AKEX.mp3."

kauaiboy75

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 12, 2008
does anyone know how i can obtain a license key to keep senuti and not just the trail version?

wizzracer

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2007
Dallas, Texas
is there any way to transfer all my songs (2000+ songs) on my first gen. ipod touch to my macbook?
i read a lot of posts saying to get SENUTI, but that doesnt work cuz u need to put ur ipod in disk mode and the ipod touch wont go into disk mode.
also i read about TOUCHCOPY, but that only allows u to do 40 songs before u need to purchase the program.
im looking for an alternative way thats free and will get all my songs on my ipod touch onto my macbook.
HELP PLEASE!

Set it up as a HD and you can just drag them over to your Mac.

This has always PMO cause they made it so hard from the start! I had to use Liberator the first time. Then go find all the files and rename them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.