Transfer Texts Between iPhones

xb2003

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 18, 2016
MO
Are there any good free utilities to do this, or do I need to suck it up and buy one?

I want to set up a new phone and just transfer texts over from a different one, so iCloud isn't really an option. It used to be that you could grab sql files from a local backup and convert them over to a pdf, but I'm not seeing anything about that anymore.

Any help?

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
It sucks that its all or nothing with backups.
Would be nice to select what you like to transfer over. Lets say just Text messages and contacts.
Or just game saved data and pictures.
Hope this becomes available in the future so we dont have to keep looking for hacks or 3rd party software that might or might not be able to edit backup files depending on the ios version and device.

Reactions: Newtons Apple

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
It sucks that its all or nothing with backups.
Would be nice to select what you like to transfer over. Lets say just Text messages and contacts.
Or just game saved data and pictures.
Hope this becomes available in the future so we dont have to keep looking for hacks or 3rd party software that might or might not be able to edit backup files depending on the ios version and device.
I have always wondered why it was "all or none" with iTunes. Seems it would be easy to do:rolleyes:

Reactions: Applejuiced