transfer to apple macbook pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mikali, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Mikali macrumors newbie

Guys,

I'm planning to make the transfer from my custom build Windows laptop to a macbook pro.
    Now as a Mac newbie I wonder if I should buy him now, or wait for the upgrade?
    Will the new macbook be more expensive than the current one, or same price for better specs ?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

2. TechGod macrumors 68040

TechGod

Same price for better specs. I suggest however if you need a laptop now go for it because broadwell is expected in Q1 2015. Aka way too long to wait.

So if you need now buy it there is no point waiting.

3. Mikali thread starter macrumors newbie

Actually not needed, my current laptop works just fine, however I'm very curious to buy make the switch.
    Might it be a consideration to buy one now, and sell it over a year, let's say 3 months after the release of the new macbook pro, without hurting myself too much financially ? :D

4. Barney63 macrumors 6502a

Barney63

I plan on selling my 15" early next year and upgrading to the Broadwell rMBP. I get a bursary from Uni in Feb that has to be used towards equipment so the upgrade will essentially be free.

Barney

5. Meister Suspended

Meister

Buy now on a sale. There will be no major update soon.

6. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

get a refurbed one and save big time. A refurbed top of the line rMBP is $500 less than a new one and has the same warranty.