Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lulug

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 18, 2011
Hi guys,

I wonder if someone can help me please. Last year I bought an iphone 3gs second hand that had been jailbroken. I cannot restore it i dont think to factory settings without it locking against my carrier (3). It has allsorts of cydia apps on it which i have never even touched as i dont really understand what they do!

i am a little clueless on this jailbroken thing and how it all works, altho i have been told that i am unable to update the software (its currently running on 3.2.1 i think) which is now giving me a few problems as i am unable to download certain apps from itunes. however i have purchased many other apps and games from itunes which all work fine, i have never purchased anything through the cydia app.

However, i am now thinking of upgrading to an unjailbroken iphone 4. is there anyway that i can transfer the current games i have to the new phone without losing all my progress on them? i must just state again that all the ones i want to keep (and the progress on them) are all purchased through itunes.

Can anyone advise me please?

Many thanks in advance

oakie

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2008
seattle
just back up the device to itunes and use that backup to set up the new iPhone. your saved data gets backed up by the iTunes sync and backup process. itunes ignores pretty much anything associated with the jailbreak when backing up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.