Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wad11656

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 20, 2009
I'm SURE this must have been asked before, sorry.

But you see, I want to create a playlist in iTunes that consists of every track on my iPod. I always manually manage my iPods and never create playlists for them to sync from or anything. But now I want to start doing that and start off by transferring all my songs from my iPod to a playlist in iTunes. However, I'd prefer not to overwrite the same songs that are already in iTunes...impossible?

ntrigue

macrumors 68040
Jul 30, 2007
This is a tough one. You could use a program to move all songs to iTunes from iPod. Then only keep the songs 'added August 19' and delete others.

wad11656

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 20, 2009
This is a tough one. You could use a program to move all songs to iTunes from iPod. Then only keep the songs 'added August 19' and delete others.

Thanks for the suggestion!

However, which program gives options to delete all files except for those added/modified on a specific date? Could automator do it? And wouldn't this method delete all songs in my iTunes library that weren't on my iPod in the first place?

Thanks again

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.