Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jgapple

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 16, 2011
I'm thinking of getting an iPhone but I don't know how to transfer the data (contacts, calendar, memos and tasks) from my Treo 700P (which I sync to the Palm software on a PC desktop computer) to the iPhone. Does anyone out there know how to do this?! Please help!

verwon

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2011
Seattle
You're best bet is probably to sync from Palm Desktop to outlook, if possible.

Or sync it to a Google account, which is what I did, when I had the Treo.

tlk1013

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2011
Treo to Iphone

I was a faithful Palm user for many years....so I understand both your pain and frustration. Prior to buying my Iphone 4S, I researched for months and dreaded the upcoming transfer process. It was an effortless transition! I stumbled across some software called "Companion Link". It was free and walked me through the process completely. I backed up all my Treo data to my desktop and prepared for the transition. I already had a gmail account so that was easy (BTW, no charge to get one). Everything was uploaded to my gmail account and all my contacts and calendars ( 8 years worth of information) seamlessly appeared on my Iphone. I never used the "tasks" so that was not an issue for me. I did, however, have many memos that did not transfer. From my palm desktop, I copied my memos and pasted them into my gmail "contacts". Each of my old memos became a new contact. It's actually easier now because they are filed alphabetically, unlike the memos in Palm. Hope this helps....I really am enjoying the Iphone! ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.