Transfer Treo 700P data to iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jgapple, Nov 16, 2011.

1. jgapple macrumors newbie

Nov 16, 2011
    I'm thinking of getting an iPhone but I don't know how to transfer the data (contacts, calendar, memos and tasks) from my Treo 700P (which I sync to the Palm software on a PC desktop computer) to the iPhone. Does anyone out there know how to do this?! Please help!
  2. verwon macrumors 68030

Jul 26, 2011
    You're best bet is probably to sync from Palm Desktop to outlook, if possible.

Or sync it to a Google account, which is what I did, when I had the Treo.
  3. tlk1013 macrumors newbie

Nov 18, 2011
    Treo to Iphone

I was a faithful Palm user for many I understand both your pain and frustration. Prior to buying my Iphone 4S, I researched for months and dreaded the upcoming transfer process. It was an effortless transition! I stumbled across some software called "Companion Link". It was free and walked me through the process completely. I backed up all my Treo data to my desktop and prepared for the transition. I already had a gmail account so that was easy (BTW, no charge to get one). Everything was uploaded to my gmail account and all my contacts and calendars ( 8 years worth of information) seamlessly appeared on my Iphone. I never used the "tasks" so that was not an issue for me. I did, however, have many memos that did not transfer. From my palm desktop, I copied my memos and pasted them into my gmail "contacts". Each of my old memos became a new contact. It's actually easier now because they are filed alphabetically, unlike the memos in Palm. Hope this helps....I really am enjoying the Iphone! ;)