Transfer Verizon Unlimited data plan from iPhone 4 to 4G LTE iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Rebelarcader, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Rebelarcader macrumors newbie

I'm grandfathered into the unlimited data plan on my iPhone 4. I recently purchased the 64GB 4g LTE iPad (Verizon).

I was wondering if it was possible to transfer my unlimited data plan from my iPhone 4 to my iPad, and then just get the minimum required data plan for my iPhone.

I know its possible to swap a sim card from a 4G smartphone to the new iPad, but since the iPhone 4 is 3G this won't work. I could always wait until the new iPhone is released and swap the sim card then, but I feel like the above method would work better because I would still be able to use my iPhone (make/receive calls), which you would not be able to do if you had your sim card from your iPhone in the iPad.

If anyone has had any luck doing this please let me know. If not I will probably be talking to Verizon soon and will post what I hear. Although I hear that the in store sales reps do not always give you the correct information...

2. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

They are two different plans, one for your phone and the other for your iPad. It may work but not sure how Verizon would feel about it.

I do know that AT&T would send you a nasty email before they added it to you bill!

3. CKtoph macrumors 6502