Transfer Whatsapp history from PC to iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by SimoneP, Aug 12, 2017.

1. SimoneP macrumors newbie

I just got an iPhone 7 today. I wanted to transfer my whatsapp chat history to my new phone. I already downloaded it from my old Android phone so it's already on my computer but I haven't found a way to transfer it to the iPhone. I've looked for hours already and tried multiple software but nothing worked.

I tried creating a back-up, then opening the back-up in a program and replacing the ChatStorage.sqlite file located in 'net.whatsapp.Whatsapp.shared'with my whatsapp history file (I changed the of it to ChatStorage.sqlite). I was able to replace the file but as soon as I tried restoring the back-up, I got all sorts of errors and it wouldn't let me restore it.

Is there any way to get my whatsapp history on my iPhone or am I out of luck?

2. nieks macrumors 6502

nieks

Not as far as I know. That's because the phone is installed as new, and you'll be installing Whatsapp as new as well. Normally, I would say: have you backed up in iCloud? But, as you come from Android, that's a big no.

Just to be sure, I googled for a bit, but without any luck. So, unless anyone else knows anything better, it is not possible to transfer the Whatsapp chats.