Transfer Window

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Plusbits, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Plusbits macrumors member

Plusbits

Hey all
    I've just started to transfer a folder across from my laptop to my iMac, however no transfer window has appeared. It's quite a hefty folder, coming in at 6.71Gb (it's full of videos basically) however I can't track it's progress at all. I've tried deleting the folder, but I'm told that it's currently in use.
    Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, since seeing how much has transfered really would be helpful
    Thanks in advance

2. bsheridan macrumors 6502

bsheridan

are you sure it definately isn't appearing on the screen? - You can drag things to the edge of the screen so as not to take up room. Try expose and see if it appears.

3. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

If you check the info, command-i, of the folder a couple of times and see if more is being added, or open it up and see what has been added you can tell if its transferring out not. My guess is that it is not transferring and that its trying to. Suggest rebooting the computer that initiated the transfer and start again.

4. Plusbits thread starter macrumors member

Plusbits

Unfortunately the download stopped, apparently there was an error in the transfer, so your latter suggestion was correct. Thank you though :)