Transfer Xbox Gold Subscription?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by sebf, Dec 10, 2007.

1. sebf macrumors member

I just got an Xbox Gold subscription and instead of registering it to my account I setup a new gamertag so that my brothers and mates etc can use it without affecting any of my saved games/profile.

What I didn't realise was that most games eg Call of Duty 4 have extra levels/different modes of play depending on how far though the game you are.

Is it possible to transfer the subscription to my account?

Thanks for any suggestions!

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Eek not really sure you can do that. To be honest the only thing you can do is ring the xbox live support center and speak to someone about it. Explain the situation and they may be able to sort it out for you and associate the subscription with your other gamertag.

Let us know how you get on. :)

3. sebf thread starter macrumors member

I did try sending an email first, but after no reply I tried calling.

Their response was that they cannot transfer a prepaid 12+1 Xbox Live Gold account, even though I haven't used it and its less that a week old. And then they had the nerve to suggest that I buy a new 12 month Xbox Gold account!!!

Screw that I have spent a fortune on the console+games, not to mention getting a wireless adaptor and the Gold account in the first place! :mad:

That just leaves one alternative: selling my Xbox Live Account and Wireless Xbox adaptor on eBay! All I can saying is Micro$oft are just money making bastards and they couldn't give a dam about the customer! :mad: