Transferability of Photoshop Student Edition

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by insomniac321123, May 6, 2012.

1. insomniac321123 macrumors 6502

So I am about to graduate from graduate school. Before I do, I want to make the most of available student discounts, starting with photoshop CS6. My question is, will I be able to move photoshop to another computer if I replace my main machine after I graduate?

2. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

You'll need to follow their requirements. I think you'll need to uninstall from your current machine and than reinstall on the other machine.

3. robgendreau macrumors 68030

Generally the licenses aren't tied to a particular computer. A matter of registering and unregistering. But that would NOT apply if you're using a version that is actually licensed to your academic institution instead of to you personally.

And note that there are different types of academic discounts. Some institutions have special status with Adobe and hence you can get a deeper discount (California community colleges, for example).

And congrats.

4. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

After you deactivate the install on your old computer, you can re-install on a new one. Also, usually Adobe will allow 2 activations per license, allowing use on a desktop and a laptop.

5. insomniac321123 thread starter macrumors 6502