Transfered data from 17" to 15". Can't see itunes bottom.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mcfields, Jun 13, 2009.

1. mcfields macrumors newbie

Hi, long story short: I bought the 17" a month ago, they released new versions monday, would cost me $150 to replace it with a new 17", would save me $150 to get the new high end 15". I got the new high end 15". Absolutely everything was saved in the data transfer, even the size of itunes. Now though, since itunes was larger on my 1900 x 1200 screen of course, I can't see the bottom of itunes. It's off the screen. Of course that is where you adjust the size of the window -_- (the lower right corner). Is there a command or something I can use to adjust the size?

2. aleksandra. macrumors 6502a

I know it may be a stupid idea... but did you try green "+" to adjust size? It works even if you drag the window so that it's only partly visible, so who knows.

3. J DILLA macrumors member

nope.. definitely sounds like a hardware problem, i think you got a faulty computer. best bet is returning it

4. mcfields thread starter macrumors newbie

It's already on the bigger version. With itunes, the + just makes the thing super small, not even showing the song list, just the current song playing. This definitely is not a hardware problem. Why would it be? It makes perfect sense that this would happen. It happened with firefox but I just pressed the green + because it makes it fill the screen, then I got access to the lower right corner and adjusted accordingly. Maybe I should try reinstalling itunes?

5. mcfields thread starter macrumors newbie

oh wow, I'm a doofus. I just reduced the resolution so that everything would be smaller, thus able to see the bottom, adjust the window, then go back to the normal resolution. Silly solution for a silly problem. Thanks for the help though guys.

6. Taegre macrumors member

This happened to me too.

I went to the system preferences and changed the resolution of the screen, and then changed it back.

All the windows got smaller, and I could change the size of iTunes again.

Hope this helps,
    Nihar

Edit: oops, got in ahead of me!!!

7. drews macrumors newbie

You can also just hold down the option key when you click the green button...