Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aesir911

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 11, 2010
I have bought apps off of my parents itunes account, since I did not have my own computer and had no need for my own account. I recently received a laptop for school, and am wondering how to get the apps off of my parents account onto my newly made account. Any suggestions?

Mr Slippy IV

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2010
Vail, AZ
I have bought apps off of my parents itunes account, since I did not have my own computer and had no need for my own account. I recently received a laptop for school, and am wondering how to get the apps off of my parents account onto my newly made account. Any suggestions?

I'm afraid you can't do that.

mofunk

macrumors 68020
Aug 26, 2009
Americas
You can't.

the Apps are connected to the user name/account who purchased them. So even if you add them to your new iPod. The Apps you purchased from the new account will be erased. :mad:

Relg3!

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2010
In the floor.
If I understand correctly...

If you want to transfer apps from one computer to another you can easily do this. (I have done this before numerously) In iTunes you would drag the downloaded app from the original library then put them on a flash drive, dropbox, however you transfer the file. Add this IPA File to your own library and then authorize them(you will need to know your parents password). http://www.ehow.com/how_4864095_transfer-iphone-apps-another-iphone.html that should help too.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Drucifer

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2008
Don't forget that you can download apps on any number of devices as long as you are logged into the account so if you log into your parents account (assuming you have the information which I'm guessing you do if you made it to make purchases in the past) then you can download the apps again at no cost.

In other words now that you have your own laptop why not just log into the App Store on your computer using your parents account then just download the apps again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.