Transfering Apps from iPhone to Mac

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jackbenimble4, Jul 11, 2008.

1. jackbenimble4 macrumors member

I downloaded quite a few apps from my computer, and then once I installed the 2.0 firmware, they got synced onto my iPhone. I saved a few though so I could try downloading them from the App Store on the iPhone. It worked well, except for some delays downloading, and I'm loving the ability to download apps.

However, when I try to sync my iPhone with iTunes, the purchased apps won't transfer. It gets part of the way through Texas Hold 'em, and then stops. After 10 minutes with no progress, I canceled. I've tried a few times with the same results. I have not backed up my iPhone since I installed the 2.0 firmware. Could that be the problem? I'll try it, but it takes a while and if anyone else has any ideas, I'd love to hear them.

Also, if something were to happen to my iPhone, and the data were to be lost before I could back them up, or transfer the purchases, would I lose the app's I purchased?

Thanks in advance

2. whawhat macrumors 6502

same with mine - just pressed update again and now it is slowly backing up my data - hopefully it fixes it and they all show up - the nyc subway map one i bought is already not working....:mad: