Transfering apps + music from PC to Mac + transfer iPhone sync

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by stevearm, Jan 30, 2012.

1. stevearm macrumors 6502a

Hi all,

I recently moved my main desktop from a PC to my MBP running Snow Leopard. I'd like to transfer my iTunes library across including my apps, so that I can sync my iPhone with my MBP rather than my old desktop.

1. Do I go through the 'Keep iTunes Media Folder Organized' and 'Copy Files To iTunes Media Folder When Adding To Library' method of consolidating my library on my PC then transfering that library folder to my Mac? Does that include iPhone/iPad apps as well?

2. Can I somehow transfer the backup files from my PC onto my MBP, and will OS X iTunes use those to continue backing up my iPhone?

3. What about synching my iPhone? Once I've transfered my library will I have to restore it and put all my content back on? ie. it won't be able to restore from backup? Ideally I would obviously like to keep all my texts, pictures, game saves, app settings etc and not start from scratch.

Any help would be really appreciated. It seems quite complicated and I just want to get it right. Thanks in advance :)