Transfering Apps to Different Ipad

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jacobson00, Jun 1, 2011.

1. jacobson00 macrumors member

I did a search but couldn't find the answer. If someone brought an Apps and downloaded it to their ipad with their itunes, can they log in to my ipad and download the apps. basically can one itunes account download an apps to multiple ipads.

I will believe if i try to sync in using my own itunes acct it will erase that apps since it wasn't brought using my itunes

2. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

Are you asking if one person buys an app can other people download it for free?

3. jacobson00 thread starter macrumors member

no. if you buy an apps can you download it on my ipad as well. So the apps will be on 2 #ipads

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

You can, but it gets rather confusing. If the other person is willing to give you their Apple ID and password, then you can sign out of your account, sign in to their account, and download any apps they have bought. You can then sign back into your account, and all apps from both accounts will work. But I'm not sure what happens if you try to sync that iPad to a computer. It also gets confusing when updates for the apps become available. Basically, you have to sign out of one account and sign in to the other account so you can update the apps bought with that account, then sign back into your own account to update the apps bought with your account. I get confused which account I'm signed in to!

5. jacobson00 thread starter macrumors member

Thank you. That is what i thought. I think the problem is when you sync it

6. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

When you buy an app it's for use on your personal iOS device(s), technically it's not your property to transfer when you sell the device.

7. donnaw macrumors 65816

My husband and I share some apps. It's totally ok with Apple (in fact the guy at the Apple store where I bought my husband's iPad suggested it).

We each have separate Apple IDs.
    1) I sync my iPad (since i'm the one who buys the apps) in iTunes.
    2) I then disconnect my iPad,
    3) log out of iTunes,
    4) log back into iTunes with his Apple ID
    5). Sync his iPad, checking the apps he wants.

Kind of complicated but we don't do it often.