Transfering emails from MS Access to Mac Book Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by stevenandsarah, Aug 24, 2008.

1. stevenandsarah macrumors newbie

Hi there,

We have just bought a new Mac Book Pro and are now trying to send all the information from our previous computer (an IBM) does anyone know how i can trf these files (emails and contacts) from the IBM to the Mac Book Pro email program.

Thankyou very much in advance :)

2. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Are you talking from MS Access or from Outlook?

3. stevenandsarah thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry, I meant to say Microsoft Outlook! Whoops

Yeah definitely MS Outlook

4. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Okay, just wanted to check.

There are some options for you to consider.

A. If you need complete MS Outlook compatibility, then you can use a program like Parallels or VMware to create a virtual PC, then run Windows XP or Vista, along with the MS Office suite of your choice such as 2003 or 2007. Then you can run run MS Outlook as if you were on a PC. This is the best most compatible way since you are actually running Outlook in a PC environment.

B. If you have the Mac version of MS Office 2004 or 2008, you can use Entourage after you import your MS Outlook data. My experience with importing has not been the best.

C. You can use the built in Mail application and import your MS Outlook Express data with Tiger. If you have Leopard, you may be able to import MS Outlook data. Again, my experience with importing has not been the best.

D. Access you Outlook account via MS OWA (Outlook Web Access). Of course you are accessing the account via the web, so not all features will be available.

Hope this helps.

Others may provide you with other options/ideas.

5. rshanahan macrumors regular

I used a shareware program called O2M (Outlook to Mac, I guess).

http://www.littlemachines.com/

It was pretty cheap ($10us) and was able to export my emails, contacts and calender entries. You can then import them into the standard OS X programs or into MS Entourage.

Rick

6. scottydawg macrumors 6502

scottydawg

I also used the Little Machines software and it worked perfectly for transferring all my emails, folders, contacts, etc. from Outlook to Entourage.
    It is really sad that Microsoft doesn't offer a built in import feature for these programs but they don't.